Thursday 18 April 2013

Okhla Bird Sanctuary

Having recently shifted to Shaheen Bagh, a neighborhood in the end of South Delhi, I am constantly fascinated by the physical and cultural spaces it provides. One such space is the Okhla Bird Sanctuary, a stone's throw from the neighborhood.  I haven't written about it yet for any publication. But just thought that I might share a couple of pictures I took of the lovely place from a recent visit (My photographs, by the way, are in natural light and not touched upon since I don't know how to Photoshop).

The best thing is, one can hire bicycles at this sanctuary. You can make the most of your time at the sanctuary and double your joy if you know how to cycle, the way I did ;)


1. We enter the sanctuary
                                            

2. The birds welcome us :)


3. Nature at its best


4. We cycled through these roads as trees provided us shade


5. Perfect spot to just sit and be


6. lovely birds, lovely place


7. Birds regale visitors


8. There are many spots like this to sit and meditate 


9. The Siberian cranes


10. Cycling away to glory with the husband. Husband carries our daughter kangaroo-style :)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely place! Never knew about this picturesque sanctuary although I visit Delhi so often.
    Your unedited shots are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Aunty! Next time you are in Delhi, let me know and I'll take you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information. Okhla Bird Sanctuary timing

    ReplyDelete

Zaara’s video blog :)

My 7 year old daughter wants to start a video blog. I asked her what she wanted to do with it. She said, she would describe the books she l...